Ok ok, so maybe you want to be a bit more in the action than away from it. In addition to the best resort hotels in the country, a list of the best city hotels in Canada this year has also been released. If you’re exploring a new city, visiting friends, or just need to treat yourself on a weekend, keep that in mind.
Like the resort roundup, the list is based on a Travel + Leisure reader survey. To determine the list, readers were asked to rate hotels based on their “facilities, location, service, food and overall value”. Yes, that seems to sum it up pretty well.
Where-bnb: This cave in southern Spain blends modern design with a medieval setting
Where-bnb: A Joshua Tree Estate to Rent Beyond Your Wildest Dreams
So here’s what the poll determined for the best city hotels in Canada this year:
- Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec
- Rosewood Georgia Hotel, Vancouver
- Fairmont Empress, Victoria
- Magnolia Hotel & Spa, Victoria
- The Ritz-Carlton, Montreal
- Fairmont Vancouver Hotel, Vancouver
- Fairmont Royal York, Toronto
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Ottawa
- Fairmont Waterfront, Vancouver
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, Quebec
Much like the resorts list, Fairmont is no stranger to having some of the most sought after destinations for hotels in town. However, on the provincial side, Ontario replaced Alberta for the nods, with picks in Toronto and Ottawa replacing Rocky Mountain destinations.
Even still, it’s old world meets modern Quebec charm and high-class touches in Vancouver and Victoria that continue to dominate the rankings.